Sunday, September 19, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Well, back home again, and able to finally play my 360 again! Woo! So I’ve been playing Dead Space. On Chapter 10 I believe, and it was weird. Out of nowhere the game got really tough. I mean, really tough. It was strange. No, I have yet to beat the game, but I’m almost there. I plan on finishing it up by the weekend.

Now here’s one thing that has been bugging the crap out of me. Since I got my second Xbox 360, I didn’t transfer all of my content over for a number of reasons that I’m not going to go into. But anyway, managing game saves and XBLA titles is a pain in the ass. I have a USB drive that I take game saves off my old Xbox, and transfer them to my new one. But it’s rather annoying sorting through the game saves deciding what to transfer, and all that crap. But the biggest issue I have is the whole Live Profile thing. Recovering your Gamertag takes WAY too long IMO, and while I do keep it on my USB drive, it is still annoying moving the thing back and forth. And I can only imagine what people had to do before USB support was added. I bet it was a nightmare! Regardless, I’m managing it, but it’s just a hassle. If there was a way to LAN the two together, and essentially run them as one unit, that would be sweet. Anyway.

I’ve purchased a lot of XBLA titles I’ve wanted to buy for a while. I picked up Braid, Limbo, and Plants v. Zombies; all great titles. Of the three, I’d say Limbo is my favorite. It’s artistic, great sound, and quite challenging. There’s no way that one could play the game for the first time and not die. It’d be impossible. Most of the puzzles take trial and error, which is cool because the game doesn’t penalize you for dying; a rarity in most games today. It’s unique because it lets the player take risks, without fearing major consequences. And with a majority of the puzzles you can’t just “see” the solution. There’s a lot of physics based traps which you often can’t see coming. The one gripe I had with it is that there is no tutorial at all. It drops you in the game and you go. While this is cool, it was rather annoying coming up to one of the first puzzles and not knowing/realizing that grabbing objects was possible. But other than that, it’s pretty sweet.

That’s about all I have this time. I’ll keep you all updated on my progress on Dead Space, and whatever else I play. Until next time, -SS.

1 comment:

  1. Really? It's annoying to plug a usb drive in to the xbox you want to sign into?

    ReplyDelete