Friday, May 20, 2011

Trading Up at GameStop

In my previous post, I mentioned trading in a few games. It’s been probably 2 or 3 years since I’ve traded a game in, as I realized that I could take more money home if I sold them myself on eBay. So over the past few years that’s what I’ve done with games I no longer see myself putting in the old drive. I was interested in L.A. Noire, but running low on cash, I saw GameStop was having a 25% bonus on trade in’s towards L.A. Noire. I took Skate, Dead Space, Dead Space 2, Alan Wake, Portal 2, and Forza 3. I was stunned when the guy handed me L.A. Noire, AND a 25 dollar gift card. I got 85 bucks for some games I havn’t touched in almost a year, and games I beat, and felt I was ‘done’ with. I beat Alan Wake, Portal 2, Dead Space, and Dead Space 2; and got what I wanted out of Skate. (I bought the new version of Forza, which includes all the DLC, so that was a duplicate game) All and all I was pretty pleased with my take. Anybody else have some stories about trading in games? Let me know in the comments. Until next time, -SS

No comments:

Post a Comment