Thursday, January 19, 2012

Vita-Chamber Revival!


I know, I know, you are all as excited as I am about the revival of “It’s a Secret to Everybody”! A good friend and former roommate pointed out this blog had basically died. It’s been a long 8-ish months. I spent a portion of the summer in Minnesota, then had school in the fall, and now back at school and started a new job! Woo, money!

So, enough about me, let us get to the topic of this blog, games!

First up, some games I’ve been playing recently. LOTS! With the holidays, I got some time to sit down and play, and it was awesome. Lately, I’ve been playing Skyrim, Modern Warfare 3, and Forza 4, but the past week I’ve decided to try and take care of some of my backlog. I played some Prey and some Red Dead Redemption, and had some very contrasting thoughts as I played each. 

When I (tried) to play Prey, I couldn’t fathom how I got as far as I did. I mean, the game gives you very little direction, and I literally wondered around the same three rooms for about an hour before I just gave up. Very frustrating. Maybe I'll go back to it in the near future. We'll see.

On the other hand, when I played Red Dead Redemption, I remembered how awesome that game is. Roaming the west, completing the side ‘challenges’, the main story, helping out strangers; it’s all so much fun. I’m thinking I’m going to be switching back and forth between that and MW3 over the next few weeks. Get some of those achievements unlocked.

Speaking of achievements, I started development of an achievement tracking program. For info on that, check back soon, as that’ll be the focus of my next post.

Secondly, I'd like to talk about my backlog of games I want to beat this year. It will probably be difficult with school, a job,and Diablo 3 coming out, but I really want to work through these things. It's about damn time I finish some of them. The list includes:

Prey
Too Human
Red Dead Redemption
GTA 4
Gears of War 2
Crackdown


This is not the complete list; I'll compile that later. But for now it gives you an idea.

Until next time -SS

No comments:

Post a Comment